Monday, 25 April 2016

Result!

Congratulations to Fiona Walker for winning the Startford-upon-Avon Literary Festival competition, after seeing it mentioned here!

I won't say that's as good as winning myself because quite frankly I'm nowhere near that generous, but it is good to know people are reading and benefitting from the blog. And it does give me an excuse to celebrate.

Not in the same league, but I have a story shortlisted in the Kishboo competition for the second time. The first time I came second and I expect you can guess where I'd like to come this time! To help my chances, please do 'like' or vote for Pursued to Glory.

Some of my writing buddies also have a story in that issue and you're allowed to vote for more than one, so do have a read through the others and vote for those you enjoy.

I also have a cheery poem in the same issue.

12 comments:

  1. All of that is just to much competition for this hermit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck in the Kishboo comp, Patsy and have a glass of that bubbly whatever happens. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to Fiona - I tried to vote for your short story - but the email bit wouldn't load ... frustrating ... but I tried - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to Fiona on the win and to you for the shortlisted story and the poem. I enjoyed both. Hope the poem turns out to be prophetic - no sign of summer here at the moment. I'm enjoying your stories in Through The Garden Gate too :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice story, Patsy! Roger equals Roger Bannister, I presume.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Fiona, and good luck to you in the Kishboo competition, Patsy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I voted for your story Patsy... very best of luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone! And thanks to Patsy for sharing all these great competitions with us x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!