Thursday, 28 April 2016

Who Cares?

Thank you to Fiona Ritchie Walker for passing on the details of this free to enter competition which is being run to 'raise awareness about caring'.

Fiona, who won the poetry competition last year says, "I would love to see them gets lots of entries  this year - I'm a pretty new carer and think Carers Uk do an amazing job."

There doesn't seem to be any entry restrictions, but I'm guessing that the prize of £150 in High Street vouchers will be most useful to someone who is reasonably close to a UK High Street.

11 comments:

  1. Hi Patsy - yes gift vouchers would help many a carer ... and lighten their load ... a good competition to enter and then use as presents for carers ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of using the prize as a gift for a carer if we're not one ourself.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing this one Patsy, I shall circulate it around my group.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not officially a carer yet, but a lot of my time is spent 'caring' and I see the post looming.
    BTW - I read your short story 'Good Boy' last night and it broke my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appropriate timing for this post, Liz. (He lived happilly ever after - honest)

      Delete
    2. It did sound as if he was headed for happier times, poor little chap.

      Delete
  4. It takes a special kind of person to be a carer and they work extremely hard, whether it's in a home or at home with a loved one. Carers need to be taken care of too. Great to hear that stories/poems are being used in support of the caring community.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must be emotionally and physically draining at times, Nicola. As you say, the carers need to be cared for as well.

      Delete
  5. Lovely way to support carers, Patsy, and it's quite an insight to discover how many writers are carers too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It suggests that lots of writers are nice people, Carol - but I think we knew that already.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting!