Monday, 9 May 2016

Purple eggs!

My dad has quite a lot of different birds at the moment. One particular breed lays very pretty eggs, some lightly freckled in creamy coffee brown, some heavily speckled in rich chocolate, some almost treacle coloured - and some purple! I expect that even without seeing the photo you'd have guessed which he saved for me. But can you guess the breed?

I'll give you a clue (not because I'm nice, just because I need something to make this fit the blog subject). The name of the bird is a synonym for flinch or tremble in fear.

13 comments:

  1. Mother never lets up with her artistic touch. Huh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patsy - clever Alex .. thank goodness he's around! Wonderful range of egg colours - delightful to think about ... cold coffee seems like a good idea now! My guess is you've the Royal set ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, he's clever, Hilary. Not right, but clever.

      Delete
  3. Never realised how wide a range of colours there could be, Patsy.

    I admit to looking it up, and I'm certain that Lindsay has the correct answer, quail.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right that Lindsay's right, Carol.

      Delete
  4. I love seeing different egg colorings, they're so pretty. And I never would have imagined some could be purple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't realised there were quite so many variations either, Leandra.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting!