Thursday, 21 July 2016

A writer's home


We're on our travels in the van again and have been to some fabulous places. Here's one with a literary connection. It's Sissinghurt Castle, formerly the home of Vita Sackville west and Harold Nicholson, both of whom were writers. In the tower is the physical Hogarth Press which Virginia Wolf used to start her publishing company and later gave to Vita.

 Admittedly I went mostly for the flowers, but that's not the point. (For more of them see here)



It hasn't all been sightseeing. I've been writing too - honestly I have.

12 comments:

  1. Sissinghurst is on my list. I believe that the garden is a-mazing. You'd be proud of me today. I weeded and tidied up two flower beds full of nettles, bindweed and grass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patsy - another place I need to get to ... lovely reminder about the home .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometime I read a Sackville West story. Don't remember what it was about, but the author's name was memorable. More great photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I've read anything of hers except gardening stuff, Oscar. I should!

      Delete
  4. Lovely pics! Now are you sure you didn't declare that you've been writing when your fingers were crossed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really, really have been working, Susan!

      Delete
  5. Lovely pictures, Patsy. And the homes of well-known writers from so long ago are always fascinating.:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like to see where people worked, Carol.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting!