Sunday, 28 August 2016

News from the mobile writing retreat

I've spent the whole summer in the campervan. You probably think I've mostly been swanning around, admiring the scenery and sunsets, food and drink, wildlife and history, and squeezing R'ten (our van) onto ferries.

You'd mostly be right.

I have done some work though - including co-writing a book on writing 'From Story Idea to Writer' with Rosemary J Kind.  The writing part is done now and we're on to the editing.

The cover image should be ready to share soon and the book will be available to buy in time for Christmas.




Think I deserve a break after all that hard work. If anyone wants me I'll be at the nearest castle, ferry port, cake shop or wildlife haven.

21 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've had a fine time to me. I'm very jealous.
    We must catch up in a cake shop on route soon. You me and Carol B...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patsy - sounds like you've been loafing in the passenger seat too much! Glad the van is working out so well ... and great to know you'll be promoting your Story Idea to Writer ... should be very helpful. Good luck to you both - you've been passionate about Alfie Dog Fiction ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great way to spend the summer

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhhhh I love that first shot

    (I love clouds)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've seen some very photogenic ones this trip, Mac.

      Delete
  5. Fabulous photos, Patsy - I specially love the seal. Exciting news about the book - something to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The seal was posing, I'm sure of it, Teresa.

      Delete
  6. It wasn't all cake and steak then, was it? Your photos are awesome and varied.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No steak at all, Oscar. As for the cake ...

      Delete
  7. Very good news about the book, Patsy- sure to be a bestseller. :-)

    I am very envious of your van. But it's wonderful to be able to see all the sights of your round Britain tour via the photos.

    Hope we can meet up somewhere on your return leg of the tour, along with Maria.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep - hope we can sort something out, Carol.

      Delete
  8. Great pics, look forward to the book. Perhaps I'll be inspired to pick up a pen again........?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Summer in the camper - lucky you! You're making me nostalgic for when I spent a few months in our van - it's so liberating, isn't it? Good luck with the book. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great - and yes, I'm lucky to be able to do this.

      Delete
  10. It all sounds perfect to me! I look forward to the book.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The something new, when it comes to writing, is the inspiring scenery and people, no doubt, but that something old is that wherever there's cake this gal and her R'ten entourage will travel!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!