Saturday, 13 August 2016

Wonderful Whitby

The Abbey at Whitby is beautiful and I can quite understand how it inspired someone to write an epic story. Unless you already know, I think you're going to need a few clues to guess which famous tale it prompted.

 It might help if you imagine the sky less blue and sunny.

And something flying overhead ... although thinking about drinking Yorkshire tea will put you on the wrong track

Graves, particularly empty ones should give you a hint ...

Or I could just give you the author's name - Bram Stoker.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Patsy - great re the TBAG ... but wonderful evocative shots ... lovely photos too ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to Whitby - in fact there are many places in England I've never visited, to my shame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some very happy memories of Whitby - lovely place, lovely photos :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whitby is a wonderful place to visit, Patsy.

    I would be a bit concerned by that empty person shaped cavity in the last picture, considering Whitby inspired Dracula.:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks lovely. I remember seeing friends' photos of Whitby years ago and thinking I really must visit one day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fangs for the clues, Patsy. I'll look into that author's work - I like a story I can sink my teeth into.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That final photo looks like a stone grave awaiting an occupant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cool place

    awesome shot of the headstone peeking over the grass

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!