Wednesday, 7 September 2016

Normality?

We've been having such a good time travelling round in the van this last couple of months, that it seems wrong to talk about insecurities, but it's the first Wednesday of the month and time for my Insecure Writer's Support Group post.

This month's question is 'How do you find the time to write in your busy day?'

For me this one isn't too tricky as I now write full time, but I do remember having to fit in writing around the day job. The thing which helped the most was not turning on the TV. I still rarely watch and I'm not convinced I'm missing out to any great extent. Do you watch TV? If you do, is it more important to you than your writing, or could you switch it off and write instead?




 I do have one concern - that after this amazing trip I'll have trouble returning to reality.








But I am a fiction writer - could that mean that I don't have to? (please say yes)

19 comments:

  1. Hi Patsy - you've certainly been a-travelling ... reality - it will be a shock to be home ... but enjoy and good luck - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't want to return to reality either.
    I do watch television while I write. Sound off, of course. That would interfere with the music that is also playing while I write.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaargh! That'd drive me mad, Alex. Still, if it works for you then it's the right thing to do.

      Delete
  3. Hi Patsy,
    I'm back to blogging again.
    I would hang on to that holiday reality for as long as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that sunset

    (I suggest you stay away, at least mentally)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed the photos, but I don't watch TV while I'm writing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I had time to watch TV. There's a lot of good stuff on these days!

    IWSG September

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I expect some of it's good, C.D. but like you say, it takes time to watch and find out.

      Delete
  7. Try again!
    Love the photos, as ever, Patsy.
    No television in this household, but Radio 4 and Classic FM are both popular, not at the same time however.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be too much of a good thing, Celia.

      Delete
  8. I love these photos. You have a great eye. I actually write with the TV on. I cannot edit with it on, however.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shows we're all different and have to find what works for us, Shannon.

      Delete
  9. These pictures are stunning. Thank you for sharing them with us. I can't write with the television on, it's too distracting. Sometimes I can handle talk radio, but even then that can be distracting for me too. You're right, you're not missing much ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only listen to the radio when we're driving, Elsie - not sure why that is.

      Delete
  10. What a fabulous holiday. Hope the Phots has found ferries to frame, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!