Tuesday, 18 October 2016

A prize in store?

This free entry writing contest offers a £50 book voucher as a prize. They want hallowe'en stories  of between 350 and 3,000 words, which mention self storage in some way. UK residents only.

I do like a competition with a theme or a prompt and I'll have finished reading all the books I already have sometime in the next couple of decades, so I think I'll be giving this one a try.

Update. I contacted the organisers to ask whether it would only be winning stories which they'll share on social media. They've replied to say other stories may be used as well.

14 comments:

  1. Hi Patsy .. self-storage for pumpkin seeds ... it is that time already isn't it ... good luck with your entry - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Self-storage? That could be really creepy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Not mine, Mac - just some I photographed. Maybe I can get some?

      Delete
  4. My little office is a great self-storage unit, and there should be some good stories coming from there, if only I had time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so tempting - no fee, books for the winner and a theme that's already sparking some ideas - but will I be able to squeeze in another deadline this month? I can but try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Patsy. Shall give it a try.
    Alyson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet. I intended to do something quick and short, but it ran away with me! Still got a few days left.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting!