Monday, 24 October 2016

It's all Welsh to me

For this competition you're asked to write  "fiction that is written to be read/played on digital devices." It seems that it's not quite as simple as writing a story and saying it'll work on a Kindle, because they want the piece to be 'born digital'. 

There's a £300 prize for each category (including a Welsh language prize). Anyone may enter work in English or Welsh ... or HTML, Flash, or whatever the heck Twine is. You can attach your work or bung it on a cloud. 

I'm beginning to feel like a Luddite. An old Luddite.

8 comments:

  1. Ye, especially when the link doesn't work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure what I did wrong, Sharon but I took it out and redid it and it worked.

      Delete
  2. Oh dear, and they say they want 'to discover the best “popular” digital fiction' but I assume that means popular with people who understand all this stuff ...
    Think I'll give it a miss!

    P.S. Link worked for okay for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even manage to do the link right first time - think that proves this is all beyond my technical skills.

      Delete
  3. This sounds interesting, although I'm not sure if this Luddite could cook up a story "born digital." But it is a very cool idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!