Tuesday, 25 October 2016

Novel writing competition

Here's a competition to win a 'publishing offer', from a company I'd not previously heard of, for your novel of up to 40,000 words. Anyone can enter, work already self published can be submitted, and it's free – that's the good news.

The bad news is that it all seems a bit complicated and as though other entrants are doing the judging (but I may have got that wrong – as I said it's slightly complicated). Judging by their website, including an excessive number of exclamation marks and using a few more question marks than you have questions, might be an advantage.

Sorry if I sound cynical. I've run out of cake.

4 comments:

  1. In other words, read the fine print and proceed with caution...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep - but then I'd advise that with all competitions.

      Delete
  2. Life is too busy to deal with complicated. This week I am a costume seamstress first, writer second.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think quite a few people will be put off, Tamara. That does mean better odds for those who do enter, so it's swings and roundabouts - as nobody seems to say anymore.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting!