Friday, 28 October 2016

Sounds Good

Soundworks are running another free to enter competition. Entries, including previously published work, are accepted from anywhere in the world. The prize is to have the story recorded and put up on the site, along with author details.

I entered one of their previous competitions and although I didn't win, the organiser liked my story Uncle Mick so much he offered to create a recording of it. It's still there for you to listen to if you'd like.

One of my favourite things to listen to is the sea. I don't mind whether it's crashing onto rocks or lapping gently at the beach. What are your favourite sounds?

16 comments:

  1. And it is so cool to hear one's story read.
    There's something really peaceful about the sound of the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love sitting by the sea listening to it crash onto the rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patsy - you'd never do any work if you were here ... and I watch the tide go in and out ... and see the reef appear and fall away ...

    That's great getting your story recorded in your own words ... the way it should be heard ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even need to see the sea in order to get nothing done, Hilary.

      Delete
  4. My favourite sounds from nature have to be the sea and birdsong. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sound of the waves down on a beach near to were I live. I also love the sound of the birds, especially first thing in the morning when everything else is quiet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - unles it's really, really early and the birds I can hear are starlings squabbling right outside my window. I wouldn't mind if they did that somewhere else.

      Delete
  6. I must go down to the sea again - and now you've reminded me, soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could identify bird sounds. I think I can manage blackbirds, magpies and robins.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!