Tuesday, 4 October 2016

#writingchat

A few days ago I got to meet two people who I chat to nearly every week, but had never before seen in person. 

Carol Bevitt is the tallest, that's Maria Smith in the middle and I'm the windswept one on the end. 

Appropriately enough we chatted for hours (and some of us may have had a tiny nibble of cake).

We've been online writing friends for years and together the three of us host #writingchat. This is a weekly twitter event. To join in, just tweet on Wednesday evenings between 8 - 9pm UK time, using the hashtag #writingchat so we can find you and reply (it's typed just like that - no gaps or capital letters) There's a different topic each week. Maria and Carol were very organised and produced a diary and notebook so we could decide on a schedule for the rest of the year. 

Hope you can join us for some of the forthcoming chats.

October

5th Last Quarter Goals 

12th Legalities of Writing

19th Getting Started 

26th Undue Influences 

November

2nd Messy Middles 

9th Networking

16th First Lines 

23rd Gifts for Writers

30th Deadlines

December 

7th Writing Competitions

14th Dream Writing Group

21st Spending the Advance 

28th Plans for 2017

January 2017

4th Local Inspiration 

16 comments:

  1. Hi Patsy - that's great the three of you met up ... yet are in regular contact. I may join in the Twitter chat - as I keep saying I must start using it ... it might have to wait til the 26th ... such is life with other things on the plate.

    Cheers and I'll be around I hope! Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'd be great if you can join in sometimes, Hilary.

      Delete
  2. I love writing chat.
    Last quarter goals? Yes, I should think about that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful that you three finally got to engage in real life writing chat. The schedule for the coming few months sounds really interesting, even though we frequently stray off-topic. I shall try to get back into the habit of Wednesday nights - I've missed too many recently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We covered a lot of topics that afternoon, Babs - quite a lot of them writing related.

      Delete
  4. Cool the three of you finally got to meet. I'll have to tune in to some of your chats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do if you can, Alex. Not sure what time it'll be for you, hopefully not anything too inconvenient.

      Delete
  5. twitter...hmmm...i've heard something about that. I know I have an account. Probably should learn how it works

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you make getting the hang of twitter one of your goals, you can join in tonight and we'll all try to help out.

      Delete
  6. What fun to meet friends in person. Will check out #writingchat.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!