Sunday, 11 December 2016

A bonny wee freebie - or two

Rosemary Gemmell's short story collection Beneath the Treetops is available to download for FREE today. (US link)

Rosemary lives in Scotland and writes lovely books set there. She informs me (via her newsletter were you can enter a competition ti win your own mini beastie, plus a copy of her latest book) that the correct way to pronounce the name of the creature featured is 'hielen coo'.

I was saying it wrong the whole time I was there – I'm going to have to go back and put that right, aren't I?

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention, Patsy! I'm not even sure of the correct spelling for the beastie but phonetically that's what it's sometimes called! Great photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I 'stalked' this one through a peat bog to get the shot. She gave me a very odd look – I'm sure she knew I was a softy southern tourist.

      Delete
  2. A bargain - grab it while you can as Rosemary writes lovely stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photo of that beastie in the field is mighty fine. Maybe it's a Highland Cow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. They are both cute and fearsome looking, Mac.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting!