Wednesday, 4 January 2017

I'm not ready!

It's the first Wednesday of the month, so time for an Insecure Writer's Support Group post. But I'm not ready to feel insecure yet.

So many things could go right in the next twelve months – I might win a competition with a story I've not written yet (I'll be posting up links to lots of free ones over the next few weeks). Maybe I'll finish the novel I started a loooong time ago and it'll be a marvellous success. Perhaps I'll sell lots more of my short stories.

The year has got off to a good start with three more five star reviews of my writing book and I'm so full of enthusiasm for my writing projects the biggest difficulty is in knowing which to concentrate on first.

I hope you're feeling just as optimistic about the year ahead, but if you're not try to remember a year is a long time. Lots and lots of things will happen, so the chances of some of them being good are pretty high.

btw, Tonight's #writingchat topic is motivation. Do join us on twitter from 8-9 if you'd like to chat to myself and other writers. Don't forget the hashtag!

41 comments:

  1. Wow Patsy...5 star reviews are good. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Let's hope a lot of things go right this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the 5 star reviews!!!

    The possibilities are endless for 2017. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great going, Patsy! Congrats on the five-stars.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I'm determined to be optimistic this year. Well done on the reviews - I started reading your book last night! :)

    Susan A Eames at
    Travel, Fiction and Photos

    ReplyDelete
  6. An optimistic attitude beats a pessimistic one every day of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Five stars - great way to start the New Year

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm feeling optimistic too. 2017 is going to be good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Got to be optimistic with a new year available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the term 'available' Carol - the year is there for us to make use of.

      Delete
  10. Sounds like you are getting off to a great start. Wishing you continued success in 2017!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Liza - hope it's good for you too.

      Delete
  11. Good topic for the chat. I love your optimism.

    Happy 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your reviews! That's a GREAT start to the year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome start to the year for you! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the optimism, Patsy! No need to be insecure, 2017 isn't even a week old.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, what a positive attitude. I can take a page from your optimistic outlook. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I never remember the Twitter chat. Love your positive outlook on 2017. May you experience all that and more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary. The twitter thing happens every week, so maybe you'll make it another time.

      Delete
  17. Well done you! I love your new book. I love your optimism, and I agree that 2017 is going to be a good year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maria - and thanks for your review too.

      Delete
  18. Patsy, that's a good problem to have! I have a few I'm juggling and since I do not have time constraints I go wherever the inspiration takes me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like an excellent approach, Stephen.

      Delete
  19. Happy New Year, Patsy! Congratulations on the new 5-star reviews. Your year is definitely off to a good start. May it continue through the year. Have a great day. Eva

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's good to try and start the year with a positive attitude, I'm certainly trying to! Congrats on the five star reviews. Happy writing, Patsy and all the best for 2017.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!