Monday, 30 January 2017

Long and short of love

This competition from Hodder is for short stories about love. By 'short' they mean 5,000 to 10,000 words, but 'love' can be interpreted however you like.

If I come up with a suitable idea in time, I'll give this one a try. I've written much shorter love stories and far longer ones, but so far nothing within that range. It's good to try something different.

The prize is £150 and a two hour consultation with Emma Herdman - Sceptre's Senior editor.

Entry is restricted to UK residents who're over 18.

If you'd rather read about love then you might like this new short story collection.

6 comments:

  1. I don't think I'd be very good at writing a love story.
    Congratulations on the new book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily there's a genre for everyone, Alex.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the new book, Patsy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have any love stories written or planned, so it's good that I'm out of the UK for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some, Oscar - well, they do say to write what you know!

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting!