Saturday, 7 January 2017

Win a book deal

If you'd like to win a publishing deal and $1,000 cash, take a look at this competition. This competition is only open to those who've not previously had a novel published or 'released to the public'.

That means I can't enter. I would if I could.

Updated - Sorry, I've only just realised that this competition is only available to people currently living in Ireland.

It's tempting to think that nobody ever wins these things, but I know it's possible. A few years ago I entered, and won, a novel writing competition. Sadly the company has since ceased trading, but the
book is still available.

10 comments:

  1. That's very cool you won. Proves it can happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patsy,
    Thanks for info.
    Just had a look at this but looks like it's only open to residents of Ireland.
    Sue C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Sue! I noticed the 'open to writers of any age or nationality' bit, but not that they must live in Ireland.

      Clearly once I realised I couldn't enter, I didn't pay full attention. I do read MUCH more carefully before entering a competition.

      Delete
  3. Ooh, that made me prick my ears up as I live in Ireland! Sadly, not only is my book far from finished - it's a non-fiction story about my years in Fiji, so wouldn't be eligible anyway. Ah well...

    Susan A Eames at
    Travel, Fiction and Photos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I can find you a competition for a non fiction book, Susan - I'll try.

      Delete
  4. It's a good opportunity for someone to be sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, to be sure! (Not that either of us would ever resort to stereotyping!)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Come back - there are comps for writers living in other places too, Wendy.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting!