Tuesday, 28 February 2017

Storyteller 2017

Amazon are offering a £20,000 prize to the winner of this competition. There are quite a lot of terms and conditions, which I advise you to read carefully before entering (as indeed you should with any competition). Basically though you need to write a book of at least 5,000 words, in English and self publish through Amazon's kdp Select Program before 20th May.

I have several books available through kdp, including Paint Me A Picture. Unfortunately they're not eligible as competiton entries need to be newly published.

Can't see me finishing my current project in time to enter... hmm, wonder if a short story collection would be acceptable?

12 comments:

  1. That's a hefty prize. I can't see me finishing an outline before that date.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not long t get a whole book written, Alex.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You can if you include enough, Liz - but as Bea has just pointed out, it only needs to be 5,000.

      Delete
  3. Am I reading this wrong? Minimum word count is only 5,000. Unless I've linked to the wrong KDP comp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, you're right, Bea! I don't know where I got 50, 000 from - must have just assumed they wanted at least enough words for a short novel, not a short story!

      Delete
  4. 5,000 or 50,000,won't be entering, but I like the prize.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Returning your visit to my blog. I see you're in the next county to me.....I live in Bournemouth Dorset. Great news about you re-writing your book again. It looks and sounds wonderful.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dorset is a lovely county, Yvonne. We live in a great part of the world, don't we?

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting!