Saturday, 11 March 2017

Fenland Freebie

Thanks to Alyson for letting me know about this competition from Ely Arts Festival. They're looking for 500 words inspired by 'The Fens'. It's free to enter and there's a cash prize.

The winner will be announced on 1st July at the Ely Writer's Day. That event is free and they suggest booking early if you'd like to attend.

I've not been to the fens (which is why I've used a photo of a completely different piece of wetland) - do you think I should visit?

8 comments:

  1. You should definitely visit East Anglia and the Fens, Patsy. Those of us who are accustomed to countryside which includes hills will find it takes a lot of getting used to - but it does have a beauty all of its own. There are some hills but you need a theodolite to find them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll add it to my list of places to see, Robert.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for clarifying - I had no idea what the Fens was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soggy, that's what a fen is, Alex - apparently.

      Delete
  3. Looks like an interesting little comp Patsy.
    The Fens are great for cycling as they are as flat as a pancake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good, Mara - I'm not good cycling up or down hills. Or cornering. Apart from that I'm fine.

      Delete
  4. You know that's one of the few areas I've never visited, so I don't think I'd have the knowledge to try this! Must get down to that part of the country sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they'd notice if we just made it up, Rosemary. Shame.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting!