Sunday, 30 April 2017

Book deal!

A quick reminder about this novel writing competition. There's a £20,000 book deal on offer for the winner - but not long left to enter and you have to be a UK author, not currently represented by an agent, to be eligible.
In case you're thinking there's no point entering these things, I'd like to tell you a short, true story... I once won a novel writing competition. The prize wasn't so good and the company running no longer exists (the book does), but I got to do a book signing in Waterstones, picked up some royalties and it kick started my writing career.

Someone will win this competition too. Why shouldn't it be you?

4 comments:

  1. Hi Patsy - well done ... it's good to see the competitions you post up for us and who knows by giving some of them a try - we may emulate you ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely positive post Patsy, and well done to you for winning.
    I don't have anything ready to go myself, but I will pass this on to my writing buddies.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope some of them give it a go, Maria.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting!