Sunday, 23 April 2017

Ink blots and poetic plots

Printerinks are running a free poetry competition with a £100 Amazon voucher as the prize. You have 45 lines and until 5th May to write poetically about new beginnings.

I used ordinary ink to create this test. If you don't do poetry (or even if you do) perhaps you'd like to play. All you have to do is say what you see in the pattern, and I'll give you a totally made up and extremely unhelpful interpretation of what that says about you.

Or you could do the same for me. I can see a bug-eyed and rather grumpy goat/dog hybrid. It's attempting to disguise its grumpiness by clapping its spindly little legs and throwing confetti in the air.

My husband, Gary, reckons it's a surprised viking.

15 comments:

  1. Hi Patsy - I thought it was a frog ... but then we all have different visions ... and writing poetry does not fall in my ambit ... take care and cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seeing a frog means you're the sort of person to leap into things with enthusiasm, Hilary – and that you should treat yourself to something really nice for lunch one day this week.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Spotting a Viking shows an interest in travel. You should plan a fun trip for later in the year, Lindsay.

      Delete
    2. I'm always planning trips! The next is mid June. Let's hope it's fun!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Travel for you too then, Mac - don't foget to take your camera! (As if you would)

      Delete
  4. Cross section of the spinal column. Definitely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seeing a part of the body shows you have an interest in health, Frances – and that you should find a comfortable place to read and relax, preferably with a glass of wine.

      Delete
  5. I like ink blots. I see an Egyptian Scarab beetle-symbol of eternity maybe more the Dung variety of Scarab. Interesting.
    'Enjoyed reading. Happy A to Z Juneta @ Writer's Gambit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Juneta, that shows your exotic and mysterious nature – and means you should try something new to you in the next few days.

      Delete
  6. I see antlers. :-) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Antlers are a sign of thoughts which are eager to burst from your mind into your writing. It also means your chances of acceptance are currently high and you should send lots of work 'out there' to make the most of this.

      Delete
    2. I think you have found a new career. :-) Reading ink blots.

      Delete
    3. If you know anyone who's willing to pay me to do it, I'm willing to have a go!

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting!