Monday, 19 June 2017

£500 for 25 words

Yes, there really is a free to enter writing competition which offers a £500 prize for just 25 words.

And yes, of course there are catches. Published authors aren't eligible (obviously that's only a catch if you are a published author, otherwise it's a jolly good thing) and the 25 words have to, somehow, be a novel.

I'm not eligible, which means I don't have to own up to the fact that I don't think I could come up with an entry, even if I were. Oh...

Paint Me A Picture is just over 101,000 words. That's after I edited it down from over 135,000. What's the biggest cut (words or percentage) you've made to one of your stories?

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Patsy. I almost wanted to have a go there, and glad I can't as I'm proud to be a published author. I cut my Hats off to Love story down from 66,000 words to 50,000 to make it into a pocket novel for My Weekly. The good thing is, as it's a completely different story, I still have the original but with a different title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I may not be eligible, but it still sounds cool:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking this was a great competition then realised I wasn't eligible either!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!