Friday, 10 November 2017

Local – if you're from the West Country

This novel writing competition is for any author 'based in Dorset, Somerset, Wiltshire, Devon and Cornwall or have written on a subject matter that is directly relevant and closely related to those counties'. I do most of my writing on location, in the camper van, I wonder if that will be enough to qualify me. 

As well as living in the right place, you need to produce your book as printed copies either by self publishing, or through a local independent publisher. The prize is £1,000.

I took this photo somewhere in Dorset, but didn't make a note of the precise location. If you're a local, perhaps you could remind me where it is.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Patsy - love copse ... summer days = would be nice! Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it was a nice walk, Hilary - I'm just not quite sure where!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Which is unfortunate for those who don't qualify, but probably means competition won't be so tough for those who do.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting!