Saturday, 4 November 2017

Win a publishing contract

Lulu and Writing Magazine are running a novel writing competition. Entries can be in any genre and from published or unpublished authors – although the actual entry must not have been published in any form.

The prize is to have your book published. You'll earn royalties on sales and they're offering marketing support, so it seems like a pretty good deal. There's no fee to enter, other than the time and dedication needed to actually write a novel.


One of these books was originally published as the result of me winning a novel writing competition. Can you guess which? (Here's a massive clue.)

14 comments:

  1. Not a novelist myself, but good luck to all who enter!

    Susan A Eames at
    Travel, Fiction and Photos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the unlikely event I have something ready in time, I'll probably have a go.

      Delete
  2. Motivation for all of those doing NaNo right now.
    Escape to the Country?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ll have to look into this. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now this sounds like an interesting deal but sadly don't think my MG manuscripts would qualify. Thanks for highlighting here.
    I think it is Escape to the Country?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does say 'aimed at an adult audience' so probably not.

      Delete
  5. I looked. Escape to the Country.

    Thanks for the information. Wish I had something ready to query, but nothing is finished, or even close. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I'll have found another competition by the time you're ready, Beverly?

      Delete
  6. Hi Patsy
    Thanks for highlighting this. I read this in the magazine but didn't think much further because the idea of writing a marketing plan put me off. But maybe I shouldn't be such a wuss and find out what I need to do to develop one!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find anything to do with marketing offputting too, Linda. It probably is something we should be looking at though.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting!