Wednesday 15 May 2019

Reciprocity

Reciprocity is 'the condition of being reciprocal'. It's doing something in return, mutual actions, give and take, inversely correspondent, complementary. 

After I plant flower seeds, they reciprocate by blooming. This act of reciprocation is then follwed by another – bees visit to collect food, pollinate my plants and continue a recrocating cycle.

Have you ever behaved reciprocally?  

If you win the £16,000 first prize, or even one of the three £8,000 awards for this free to enter playwriting competition, as a result of seeing it here, I hope you'll reciprocate my kindness in posting about it by buying me a cake. A big one. With a cherry on top.


p.s. I have a new collection of short stories out. Family Feeling is currently on sale for the reduced price of 99p (99c)



7 comments:

Rosemary Gemmell said...

I won't be able to reciprocate this time, Patsy, as I don't intend entering but I'll keep that in mind for the future!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Chocolate or yellow cake?

Karen Baldwin said...

I hope I reciprocate appropriately as it's the kind thing to do. I don' like being a leech on someones elses time or energy.

Patsy said...

@ Rosemary – As you've already supplied me with cake, I'll let you off this time.

@ Alex – chocolate please!

@ Em – Me neither. I think most people do tend to reciporocate the effort of others in some way.

Susan A Eames said...

I won't be entering this one, but rest assured if I enter something you've told be about, and win, you'll get a great big cake! :)

Susan A Eames at
Travel, Fiction and Photos

Shannon Lawrence said...

Congratulations on the new release! If I entered and won, you would definitely have earned a cake.

Patsy said...

@ Susan – I'm looking forward to it already!

@ Shannon – Thank you!