Wednesday 11 December 2019

Idea

An idea is a concept or plan formed by mental effort, a mental impression, an intention, vague belief or fancy ... and what you need to start every piece of writing.

A Year of Ideas: 365 sets of writing prompts and exercises is a book by me! You can try to win yourself a kindle copy by telling me, in 50 words or fewer, which day you'd like a writing prompt and why. Your answer can be true, funny, silly – whatever you like as long as you specify a date and give a reason.

Entry is by comment on this blog post only.

Closing date is midnight on the 18th December.

The winner will be announced on the 20th. Sorry, the prize can only be redeemed by those in the UK.

If the winner already has this book, then they may choose one of my novels or a short story collection instead.

(I'm featuring a different free to enter writing competition every day from the 8th until the winter solstice.)

10 comments:

ados123 said...

I would be honoured to give this book a home, Patsy :) It would be well used.
Alyson

Niddy said...

31st December so that I have ideas to start the New Year with. What a way to begin 2020.

Sharon boothroyd said...

1st Jan 2020 - this book will help me to start my writing New Year! I'm sure it'll prove immensely useful for me throughout the year too.

Mags said...

As a newbie I would love this book - often stuck for ideas and sometimes pull random words form the dictionary to start me off lol!!!

Celia said...

January 5th. People always have resolutions etc starting on the 1st, but that's a terrible day to begin. Tired, hungover... the 5th is usually when people go back to work, the TRUE start of the motivational year, the best day to start fresh with a writing idea.

Ann W said...

There are three hundred and sixty five (six in leap years) days on which you might start a new year. I refer to your birthday, so I will choose mine, April 24th.Book sounds great to dip into anytime but especially when brain has stalled.
Ann

carrie said...

Friday 13th December - so that it will bring me good luck for the future!

Linda Lewis said...

I'd love a very unromantic prompt for Feb 14th. it's a horribel day for us lonely old singletons so a fun, off the wall prompt, would give me a boost.

Lel said...


6th January. THE DAY. The day we eat up the random leftovers – Maltesers and pickled onions anyone? The day our trouser waistband is snug. The day we bin the card from Muriel and still have no idea who she is. The day of the first blank page of the year and… Help!

Patsy said...

Some very good answers!