Wednesday 14 December 2016

Launch

A launch is a type of motor boat e.g. a pilot launch.

To launch, is to hurl forward, set in motion or make a start. Traditionally when a ship was launched, it would be sent speeding down a ramp into the water. Nowadays they're more usually floated out, a safer and more sedate process, which is still referred to as launching the vessel.

In the case of a book launch, the word means to introduce a new product. My latest book was launched just two weeks ago.

Have you launched anything lately, or perhaps you're planning on launching in the near future?

6 comments:

Oscar Case said...

Just launched my book of short stories, but maybe I need to re-launch it.

Nick Wilford said...

Congrats! I've got a few books I want to launch - just need to get my act together!

liz young said...

Congratulations on the new book, Patsy! I hope 2017 will be the year I launch one of my own.

Patsy said...

Good luck with the book, Oscar.

Patsy said...

Get them out there, Nick. No one can buy them from your hard drive.

Patsy said...

I hope so too, Liz.