Wednesday 10 October 2018

Hare

A hare is any member of the animal family Leporidae.

They can run really fast, which is why my second shot is a bit blurry! It's also the reason the lures used in dog racing are called hares. I'm not sure, but the fact these go round in circles might be why people who dash about all over the place are said to be haring around.


To be hare-brained is to act in a rash or wild manner.

Should you try to remain on good terms with both parties during a difficult situation, you may be described as running with the hare and hunting with the hounds.

The Hare and Hounds sounds to me like one of those pubs which looks all nice and traditional on the outside, then tries to sell you 'deconstructed' food and refuses to serve it on plates.

To start a hare can be to open up a lively discussion or to set something in motion.  Hmmm... what do you think about restaurant food you have to assemble yourself, or which is served in a shoe, on a bat, or wrapped in a nappy?



5 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Deconstructed food? Why build it up just to tear it down. Don't worry, places like that are hare today, gone tomorrow.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

I hare ya

Patsy said...

@ Alex – I think you're right. It's just asilly fad that hopefully won't be around for long.

@ Mac – I do tend to rabbit on ..

Mark said...

I see hares on the trail by our house all the time, especially at dusk:)

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Patsy ... haring around is done by so many ... but I love jugged hare! Cheers Hilary